Honey Rum Margarita
you will need:
- one tall glass
- one long teaspoon
- one egg-cup for measuring
- one plastic ‘shaker’ container
- three handfuls of cubed ice
- one chopping board
- one sharp knife
- half a tot of white rum
- one tot of agave tequila
- half a tot of orange liqueur
- one fresh passion fruit
- juice of half a fresh lime
- two large teaspoons of honey
- two tots of fresh orange juice
- sugar syrup to taste
Back to Cocktails
how to make:
- Cut your passion fruit in half and scoop out the pulp with your spoon into your shaker container. You need around one tot of fruity pulp.
- Measure in the honey, fresh lime & fresh orange juice and briskly bash the ingredients together with your spoon to mix the honey and break up the passion fruit.
- Take a little taste of the honeyed fruit mixture, if the honey has not added enough sweetness or flavour you can add a little more, or add a dash of sugar syrup to bring the flavours together.
- Once you are happy, measure in one tot of tequila and half a tot each of Takamaka white rum & orange liqueur with your egg-cup, and throw in two handfuls of ice.
- Place the lid on the plastic container and, holding it with one hand on the lid and one hand on the body of the container, give it a good shake for around ten seconds.
- Open the container and strain the drink into your glass by using the container lid or spoon to hold the ice back.
- Fill the glass with a handful of ice and garnish with a slice of mandarin and wedge of lime. If you haven’t filled your glass, top it off with some more orange juice.